City of Port Wentworth – Permits & Guidelines

Thank you for choosing the City of Port Wentworth for your film location needs!

Permit Requirements

After registering with the Savannah Regional Film Commission through their Project Registration Form, each City of Port Wentworth-owned location should be submitted to Shanta Scarboro via the CITY OF PORT WENTWORTH FILM PERMIT APPLICATION.

Shanta Scarboro
Permitting Office

Both Professional and Student Productions are required to fill out this permit application.  Please note, only Professional Productions should fill out the Project Registration Form.  Permit applications must be submitted at least 5 business days in advance in order to be considered for approval.

Please submit the following in order to complete the permitting process:

Failure of the production company to comply with the Savannah Regional Film Commission guidelines and conditions set forth in each permit, or the use of any location not specified in the permit, shall give the City of Port Wentworth grounds to revoke the permit or take other restrictive actions as necessary.


Insurance Certificates should be addressed as follows: 

City of Port Wentworth
c/o City Administrator
305 South Coastal Highway
Port Wentworth, Georgia 31407

Or, a COI may be submitted electronically by an insurance agent/broker via email to

Production companies requesting to film on public property within the City of Port Wentworth must submit a Certificate of Insurance (COI) as evidence of General Liability coverage in the amount not less than $2,000,000, naming the City of Port Wentworth as an additional insured. Evidence of a COI MUST be submitted before a permit can be effective. Please submit your certificate of insurance along with your application.

Notification of Affected Businesses and Residents

The production company is responsible for notifying all businesses and residents affected by the filming activity as per the Savannah Regional Film Commission guidelines. Notification shall take place following the City of Port Wentworth’s review of the application and no less than two business days prior to the planned activity.

The City of Port Wentworth reserves the right to deny or revoke permits where insufficient time has been allowed for proper notification, or when the notification process has been improperly applied.

For an example of a notification letter, please click HERE.

Please upload all notification letters using THIS FORM.

For more information regarding Port Wentworth’s permitting, please contact:

Shanta Scarboro
Permitting Office

Police Officers

Officers can be scheduled at $45/hour.  Please contact the City Administrator for more details.

Fire Department

Please contact Fire Chief Lance Moore for more details:

Chief Lance Moore
Port Wentworth Fire Chief

Parks & Recreation and Facility Rentals

There are City-Owned Buildings that can be rented.  Below is just an example of what our city has to offer!

Community Center
City Hall
Houston Museum
Mobley Park
Festival Site
Armadale Park
Houlihan Landing
Della Steele Park

Please contact the City Administrator for availability and rates.

Student Filming

For student filming, please fill out the City of Port Wentworth Film Permit Application and submit to Shanta Scarboro via email or at the City of Port Wentworth’s City Hall at 305 S Coastal Hwy, Port Wentworth, GA 31407.

Student filmmakers must abide by the City of Port Wentworth guidelines and meet all needed requirements before a permit can be approved. This includes completion of the Port Wentworth Film Application no less than 5 days in advance of the desired production and a Business/Resident Notification Letter addressed to businesses/residents potentially affected by the production in the event it is needed. See Notification of Affected Businesses and Residents, for more information. 

Insurance & Fees

Some schools provide insurance coverage for student filmmakers, while others do not. If your school does not, you may be required to procure coverage. A fee may also be charged for certain services such as police, Internal Traffic Control (ITC), parking, etc. Please contact the Permitting Office at 912-964-4379 for direct answers.

Private Property

The use of private property requires the permission of both the property owner and tenant (if applicable) through a signed location release letterFilm permits do not grant access to private property.

Student productions MUST have a hard copy version of their signed permit at all times while on location.  

If students wish to use a City of Port Wentworth park or facility, please contact Shanta Scarboro for availability and rates.